Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Finer Points of Titty Bingo


Today, I received a phone call reminding me about Willie Nelson's 75th birthday.

You might be wondering what the headline and Willie Nelson have to do with me.

In the past few weeks, during a tequila hazed late night call, I spoke with my old Ball State roomie and good friend, Bowman. As we laughed about old times, he mentioned a client, Dahr Jamail, who plays guitar in a band named Titty Bingo. Interesting and ballsy name I thought.

Royce directed me to the Titty Bingo website and told me to look at everyone onstage. Sure enough, there stood Willie Nelson. Plus, behind the piano sat Willie's sister, Bobbie Nelson.

A self proclaimed "garage band", Titty Bingo has quite a pedigree. This band isn't three chord "Louie Louie" playing hacks. Take a gander at their myspace site and you'll see they've been around the track.

Their website streams the band backing sometime member Willie on "House of the Rising Sun". Plus, you can hear a deliciously savage re-make of "Hey Joe" re-titled "Hey OJ". Certainly, kicks top 40 synth pop square in the teeth.

Happy birthday Willie!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Titty Bingo Kicks Ass

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0